Hey loves 🙂 !! Today I want to bring to you guys some tips and tricks I use on an everyday basis to keep my hair looking healthy and shiny. If you are someone who dyes or highlights their hair a lot then please keep reading! ❤
I have been getting blonde highlights since I was 15 years old! As some of you guys may know, that really damages your hair in the long run and especially going really light makes your hair dry out quicker. Below are some of the tricks I use to keep my hair looking shiny and healthy regardless of the constant highlighting!!
1. Hot oil conditioning treatment: Heat about three tbsps of your favorite oil for about 35 seconds and gently massage it onto your scalp. Tie your hair up in a bun and let the oil soak in for about 30 minutes and wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and conditioner. I usually do this right before I shower. Some options for oils are olive, coconut, argan and almond. All of these oils are known to do wonders for your hair because of their healing properties. Make sure you buy organic oil and not something cosmetic off the shelf!
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil: HERE
Almond Oil: HERE
Argan Oil: HERE
2. Hot towel steam wrap during oil treatment: You can add an extra step to the oil treatment by wrapping a hot towel on your head after massaging your scalp with oil. To heat my towel I usually let it sit in a hot water bath for about 2 minutes and its ready to go! I usually leave it on for about 10 minutes. Make sure the water is hot enough but not boiling hot to avoid burns.
3. Use a hair mask: Using a moisturizing hair mask makes helps your hair lock in shine and also protects it from the sun. Use a good hair mask once a week for added shine and softness. My favorite is Moroccon Oil Intense Hydrating Mask ! Click HERE to see the product!
4. Do not wash your hair everyday: This really works ladies! Your scalp has natural oils that it produces every day, so by washing your hair a lot you are stripping your hair of natural oils. Try washing your hair every other day to avoid drying.
5. Use dry shampoo: I use dry shampoo to conceal my dark roots because they grow out quick. Use a powdered dry shampoo which will add volume to your hair.
Khlorane Dry Shampoo: HERE
6. Use heat protectant: This is a very important part of my routine because I am either blowdrying, straightening or styling my hair on a daily basis. A good heat protectant will avoid harsh heat from damaging your hair and also help you manage frizziness.
CHI 44 Iron Guard: HERE
Sebastian Trilliance Thermal Protection & Shine Complex: HERE
Hope you guys find these tips useful !! ❤ MUAHSSS!
Click the link for my Instagram page: @thesassydemure
Click the link for my facebook page: HERE